If you are planning to improve the value of your property, but you want to focus more on the façade, installing a verandah is a great idea. This makes a perfect spot for you and your family and friends to relax and spend quality time together no matter what the season is. Our team can help you achieve your dream outdoor area in the most cost-effective way.
What is a Verandah?
A veranda is an outdoor structure or extension that is often roofed, open air with some railings on the front and the sides that serve as the area’s enclosure. It is also sometimes referred to as portico, cloister, open gallery, or porch. Verandahs can be customised based on your needs and budget. You can have it basic or super stylish – the options for designs are limitless!
Types of Verandahs
Have you finally decided to build a verandah but no sure where to start? Here the types of verandah designs that you might want to consider:
- Modern, unique, and more stylish than the standard verandah designs
- Can be easily integrated with the other types of veranda, especially flat roof
- Looks more interesting than the flat roof as it adds a focal point to the entire structure
- Can be as high as 6 meters without any internal posts
- Colorbond steel may be utilised for roofs, beams, and posts;
- Simplest design among all types of verandahs yet the most versatile
- Can be used in all sizes and shapes of the area
- No bulky beams
- Colorbond steel, polycarbonate multiwall and sunglaze can be used
- Can be combined with curved or gable roof
- Perfect for those who prefer a pitched roof
- Downlights and fans can be easily added
- For outdoor spaces intended to be filled with tables and chairs underneath the roof
- For narrow walkways, posts can be installed on the boundary to save space
- Offers high level of comfort in any season
- Provides shade in hot summer, but let the sunshine through in the cold days
- Weatherproof and a sun-room in one
- Sliding or bi-fold doors and colorbond roof work well with this design
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
How much does it cost to build a verandah?
There are many factors to consider before you can determine the cost of building a verandah. Basically, it depends on the size, shape, and your choice of materials.
How do you attach the verandah to a house?
Attaching a verandah to the house may require building permits. Our team can help you secure these requirements, and at the same time, we will help you come up with a structurally sound design that will attach the verandah to your existing property.
Do I have to secure permit to replace the existing verandah?
Yes, you may have to get a building permit to replace the existing verandah. Our team can organise it for you.
Do you provide a contract?
Yes. Our company will provide you a contract that is easy to understand and requires both parties to sign.
How much is the nearest possible distance of the verandah to the boundary fence?
It depends – most should be built away from the fence, but others may reach the fence line. Careful assessment must be done first before this can be determined.
Is a town planning permit necessary?
Some local council may require you a permit for many possible reasons. Should you need one, we are here to help you secure it.
What is the first step in building a new verandah?
If you have already decided to build a new verandah, the next thing to do is find a reliable service provider who can help you. Ask for more details about their services and request for an estimate.
Is it possible to build a veranda on a deck?
Definitely, yes – your designer can help you integrate your dream veranda to the existing decking installation.
Trust the Experts in Verandah Installation
Installing a verandah into your residential or commercial property in Darwin, NT, is definitely a smart investment as it can boost both the aesthetic and functional appeal of your entire space. Now is the best time to get started with this amazing project so you can enjoy all the amazing benefits of having such outdoor living space. Entrust your verandah design, supply, and installation to us at Darwin Decking Co. Call us now!
Book A Free Consultation Below